- Don't forget to return poem notebooks to school
- Please send the red home/school folder to school everyday
- No school October 10th: Columbus Day
- No school October 12th: Yom Kippur
- Continued learning different centers: listening center, word work center and many more
- Completed reviewing the consonants with v, x, y & z
- Began learning how to "tap to read" & "tap to spell" with short vowel (CVC) words
- Learned how to "frame our thought" with a capital and end mark
- Continued writing small moment stories; learned to write "seed stories" not "watermelon stories"
- Learned how writing partners can help plan and revise our stories
- Finished "My Father's Dragon" and began "Elmer and the Dragon"
- Continued working on "Add To", "Put Together" and "Both Addend Unknown" story problems
- Began working with "Take From" story problems
- Continued to work on ways to show our thinking
- Began focusing on strategies for solving addition problems. Our first strategy is counting on; using numbers and number lines
- Used legos to show counting on
- Talked about "expected" and "unexpected" behaviors and how it makes people around us feel
- Read scholastic news magazines on "friends" and author "Kevin Henkes"