- Please return the class directory. As soon as everyone completes this I will be able to send it home.
- Please send an art smock to school.
- Be on the look out for the scholastic book order. You can place your order online by clicking on the tab on the top of this page. Please place your order by no later than September 20th.
- Remember to send a snack to school everyday.
- Please return the red home/school folder each day. This will be how your child will bring their word back and home from school.
- Learned how to do "read to self". Practiced the right way and the wrong way. Build our stamina to 7 minutes
- Began our phonics program; Fundations. Focused on reviewing letter sounds and formations.
- Focused on the letters: t, b, m, n, o, u, a, i, g, d & c
- Began writer's workshop with the unit "small moments"
- Worked at how to brainstorm a small moment, plan it on the pages and write.
- Looked at how touching the pages and sketching can help plan our stories
- Read many back to school stories
- Modeled what it looks and sounds like to work with math partners
- Explored math tools
- Learned what math centers look and sound like while exploring math tools
- Played "roll & record" and "compare"
- Began looking at how to solve story problems. Worked with "add to" problems
- Played get to know you game in Open Circle
- Began brainstorming classroom rules
- Did our Scholastic News magazine
- Reviewed the "whole body listening look" that they learned in kindergarten