- Parent Information Night is tomorrow...9/21/15 @ 6:30. I hope to see everyone. I will be sharing with you what our typical day looks like and my classroom expectations.
- Scholastic Book orders will be sent home tomorrow. If you are interested in ordering books, just click on the tab at the top of this blog. Please fill all orders online. Please place orders by the end of the day on September 28th.
- If you haven't sent in an art smock please do so.
- Began our first center "Read to Self". We have spent time defining expectations, practicing the "right way" & "wrong way" and have been working on building our reading stamina. We are up to 11 minutes!
- Reviewed letter sounds and formations
- Began writer's workshop. We have begun to write "small moment" stories; stories that are about real events that have happened to writers. We are learning to plan our story across pages.
- Put parts together to make a whole.
- Solved unknown parts to make a whole.
- Solved for a missing part using subtraction equations.
- Used subtraction to solve comparing stories
- Played a name game to get to know each other.
- Created class rules together.
- Practiced fire drill and safety drill procedures.